A Quick Guide to Quick Step
Quick-Step timber floors are engineered timber floors made up of three layers of solid timber, covered with a protective finish. A careful selection of raw materials and a tightly controlled manufacturing process guarantee optimum stability and durability.
1. Depending on the timber floor you choose, this finishing layer may consist of:
- Seven layers of UV-cured, water-based lacquer which make your floor easy to clean and provide protection against wear, scratches and stains.
- Two layers of quality oil which ensure graceful ageing as well as an extra matt and natural look.
2. A face layer: a carefully selected, solid timber layer. Available in a vast array of colours and structures, this face layer can be sanded and refinished.
3. A core layer: the core consists of hevea or HDF and makes your floor stable and durable.
4. A veneer backing of spruce or pine, which – in combination with the other layers – prevents the floor from cupping or warping.