5 reasons Millwater keeps getting better
It’s fair to say that when New Zealand’s first-of-it’s-kind development Millwater got underway during the 2008 global recession, some were a little nervous. Would it be successful, would it flourish? But ten years on, Millwater is now a nearly-complete, beautiful, lived-in bustling community. And it’s been so successful, it’s template has been replicated across other developments - a true testament if ever there was one. Here’s five reasons why we think Millwater just keeps getting better.
- As part of Auckland Council’s ‘Master Plan’, Millwater was always designed to be a slow-burn. It needed time for its trees to grow and mature; for its beauty, personality and character to shine through and time to get the loved and lived-in feeling of an established community it now has.
- It’s designed for lifestyle. Its array of green spaces, parks and recreational areas for walking and cycling connect people with the environment and each other. Families are well catered for with lots of playgrounds and the Butler-Stoney amphitheatre style park as well as the popular sports fields on the river's edge.
- Growing infrastructure. While a little slow to start, residents now have the Millwater Central Shop, the Northern Arena Swim Centre, the Southern Cross Medical Centre and the new Silverdale Centre thats in development. In 2015 it launched the Highgate Business Park to transform the area into the self sustaining ‘live-work-play’ model it was designed to be as part of its master plan.
- Ongoing improvements. Residents and children can look forward to another new park at the southern end of Millwater on Bonair Crescent, after the local council approved its concept plans. Starting in the coming months, a large sports lawn, half court, playground and fitness station will be developed along with a network of walking paths, all surrounded by native plants, further adding to the green spaces.
- A strong community set amongst award-winning homes. Beautiful, modern new homes are the foundation of Millwater, and Maddren are chuffed that some of ours are also award-winning homes. But it’s the residents within them who have forged a feeling of togetherness and a vibrant community thats focussed on connection and bringing people together in a positive way through local events and initiatives that add value to everyone.
We love Millwater, we saw its potential and are still proud to be a part of it today. One of the most desirable places in Auckland to live, and there’s still time to get in. Only 500 sections remain before the development is completed in 2022. Check out our showhome at 43 Ridgedale Road, Millwater and experience executive living within a fast-growing urban development at its peak.